Monday 28 January 2019

HOLY NOODLES! This blog is still up?

So, after years of "life drama", I found out this is still somehow a thing on the internet. I would have thought it'd have been purged a long, long time ago.

So...yeah. I don't play WoW currently. Stopped in October of 2018. Had a full-blown anxiety meltdown which alienated everyone I knew, caused a great deal of undue stress on my family, and pretty much borked me up pretty bad for about 6 months as I tried to "find myself", came back and couldn't get hired on to anyone (even the absolute slop-fest of scraping the bottom of the barrel), but finally stumbled into a job that is NOT completely and utterly crippling my physical, mental, and emotional health! Yay; go me!

I had a slight temptation to start playing the game again but my computer is no longer supported. At least I still have Hearthstone, though admittedly I primarily play that on my phone when I'm not pre-occupied with Jurassic World: Alive. Seriously, that game is Pokemon Go that still isn't rural-player friendly but at least it allows SOME form of progress and isn't structured that you may as well uninstall for not living in a city. Also, dinosaurs are way more interesting than cartoony plush toys that can only say the name of their species.

I am currently in the process of saving for a new computer for work purposes and if I just so happen to have the time and enthusiasm for WoW, well...that's a bonus. However, I HAVE been following all the Activision/Blizzard news for the past year and all I can say is this: Classic WoW better be DAMN GOOD (by which I mean properly handled and not equipped with a skeleton crew to fix things and such) because I absolutely loathe the WoD/Legion/BFA direction of feeling like you pretty much have to log in every day to do chores. Gear should just be gear. Content should be actively participated in and not delegated to mission tables that NPCs get to do. Anything even RESEMBLING artifact power can go to hell as getting benched because you have 0.00471% less raw power than the next guy because you skipped a day or three (when you're not even in a hardcore Mythic or raiding group!) is simply pathetic.

I know every era of WoW had its downsides but I have no interest in feeling like working a second job to MAYBE live through a few fleeting moments of euphoria before immediately being snapped back to reality and having to undergo the personal hell of getting to that "high" which diminishes with each passing instance, demanding more and more of my time for less and less return on my investment, so to speak.

Anyone else in the same boat as to their feelings on the current state of things? Should I (when I am actually able) entertain a month or two into BFA and re-analyze from a first-person perspective instead of my current third-person one?

No comments:

Post a Comment